1. To differentiate between various kind of academic writings.
2. To identify and avoid the plagiarism.
3. To practice the basic skills of performing quality literature review.
4. To practice the basic skills of research paper, review paper and thesis writing.
5. To target the research work to suitable journal and communicate for publication
6. To practice the Time and team management.
7. To practice digital writing or develop Open Educational Resources (OER).
8. To write research proposals, conference abstract and book chapters/ book proposals.
Any student or learner who wants to learn the academic writing. The course shall be helpful for PG students, research scholars, young scientists and faculty members (of any discipline or subject) for their career growth.
Course Duration 15 week
Credits : 04
Academic & research writing: Introduction; Importance of academic writing; Basic rules of academic writing
English in academic writing I & II; Styles of research writing
Plagiarism: Introduction; Tools for the detection of plagiarism; Avoiding plagiarism
Literature review: Introduction, Source of literature; Process of literature review
Online literature databases; Literature management tools
Review Paper Writing, I & II
Research paper writing I, II, III
Referencing and citation; Submission and; Post submission
Thesis Writing I, II & III
Empirical Study I, II & III
Challenges in Indian research & writing; Team management (mentor and collaborators); Time Management
Research proposal writing; Abstract/ Conference Paper/ Book/ Book Chapter writing; OERs: basic concept and licenses
Open Educational Resources (OERs) for learning & Research; OERs development I & II
Ethics in Research: Research fraud, competing interest, authorship, slicing research, FFP, COPE guidelines.
* The contents of these weeks (in total) cover the UGC’s newly introduced subject “Research & Publication Ethics”
prescribed for Pre Ph D Courses work of every subject.